Friday, January 30, 2009

STAY

"Wasting time -
Let the hours roll by
Doing nothing for fun
Little taste of the good life
Whether right or wrong
Makes us wanna STAY, STAY, STAY, STAY, STAY FOR A WHILE!"

So yes - this post is a lot different from my first one ... once again I was walking along the river and enjoying the sounds of the tunes on my ipod and "stay (wasting time)" came on by Dave Matthews. Of course I needed to take out my Moleskin again and write down my thoughts:

4 months - a semester - 1/3 of a year ... it all sounds so long BUT when you listen to a song like Stay and have the experiences that I've had and the moments that I've shared with people I've merely met two weeks ago but can call my good friends - 4 months doesn't seem like a long long time - it seems too short. "I'd sure miss this thing when it all rolls by..." I started to feel (prematurely) bitter-sweet about the end of my semester here..., BUT "...for a moment this good time would never end". Yes, that phrase is oxymoronic because it is merely a moment that never ends ... I plan to treat every moment like that - I will cherish it and enjoy it!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Let your musical prophets guide the way Tess, let them guide the way.

    ReplyDelete