Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Toast to the Past!

"It's time to move on
Time to get going
What lies ahead I have no way of knowing,
But under my feet
The grass is growing."
-Tom Petty

I have heard this song a few times now because Lance put it on my "Travelin' Tunes" CDs but today - a gorgeous day in Sevilla with warmer weather than we had yet - I jammed out on my way through the streets, and when I heard this song, I couldn't help but take out my Moleskin and write down my thoughts. Monday morning was a hard morning for me, but that night I went out with some friends and had a drink ... that night, this song, and other things let me to these thoughts:

With a smile I had a drink to the past
and with excitement I toasted to the future!
Life's an oyster -
Enjoy the taste!
(And if that one tastes no good ...
pick up another and keep trying!)

xoxo
ME

1 comment: