Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Series of Dreams

Written in Santorini, Greece 28/04/09:

"I was thinking ... of a series of dreams ..."

This song came on my iPod and so I wrote ... I've had a series of dreams throughout my life: become a teacher, a lobbyist, an international lawyer (and have attended Northwestern law), ... these have changed, come, and gone, but a few that have held steadfast have been my travel dreams. Since I was very young, I have always wanted to go to Venice. It was always a dream-city for me. I guess I thought the gondola rides were just super neat. I'm going on May 17th with my mom. It will be a dream come true. Do you know what that is like? Have you ever actually had one of your dreams come true?

I have.

Another travel dream of mine (and I admit, it isn't as old as my dream of going to Venice & it was highly influenced by The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) was to go to Greece. I'm here. I'm lying on the Black Perissa Beach. To my right - a mountain, behind me - the sea, underneath me - the sand. Although Venice will be a longer time coming, Greece is still a dream come true. It is a kind of surreal feeling.

I always though of myself as a "dream big, little girl" kind of girl, and I'm usually fairly optomistic, but for some reason, I guess I did not believe these dreams would come true. "Dream for the moon 'cause if you miss, you'll still land among the stars." I always thought that my travel dreams, Ireland, Greece, and Venice, were the moon - a mere dream - and the other travels in my life were the great stars. Well, here I am. I've landed on the moon and it is undescribeable.

Lance, I'm living out my series of dreams.

To all of you ... I urge you to do the same.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment