Monday, February 16, 2009

3 x 5

John Mayer - 3x5
¨I'm writing you to
catch you up on places I've been
You held this letter
probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it
didn't have a camera by my side this time
hopping I would see the world with both my eyes
maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way with words
Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy's cliche'
And strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world with both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way
but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
just no more 3x5's Guess you had to be there
Guess you had to be with me Today I finally overcame
tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to
lose my way but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
no more 3x5'¨

This song came to mind as I was walking the streets/mountains of Lisbon this past weekend. I couldn´t help but wish that so many people were with me to experience what I did, see what I did, and feel what I did because I truly wanted to share the feelings. I do believe that the experience was shared with such great people - Ben, Daniel, Scott, Lex & Christina made my memories (which couldn´t be captured within the dimensions of a picture) unforgettable, however, I do believe that the people you make memories with and share memories with have the ability to impact the memory itself. Therefore, I did take pictures and videos because I do want to take my family and friends with me to experience my dreams and travels with me! A post will be coming soon with some videos - check out facebook for pics. To go along with John Mayer´s song, I can´t completely explain how my weekend was or how amazing my experiences were ... I hope pictures can say more than a 1000 words - ENJOY! DISFRUTAR (which reminds me ...) I thought a lot about that word this weekend. Disfrutar directly translates to mean ënjoy¨but I feel like the word enjoy doesn´t mean as much as difrutar does ... my point is that throughout my travels I continuely am trying to remind myself to ¨disfruta el momento¨!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad i finally made the cut!

    Love you Tessi! So glad we all got to share this fond memory of our trip to Portugal. Great times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture is worth more than a 1,000 words, especially, when you are so far away. I am so glad that you are able to share your photos. I see everything through your eyes. Soon, we will be sharing our journeys together. Love you, Mom

    P.S. Disfrutar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disfrutar sounds like...

    "Yo mang dis fruit her' is a kiwi and it tastes like spoiled milk. Give my ass a banana."

    Perhaps I'll explain myself when yo disfruto el momento en Espana.

    ReplyDelete